View Full Essay
University of Phoenix
COURSE NUMBER: MGT/445--Organization Negotiation
COURSE START DATE: May 5, 2009-- June 8, 2009
TOPICS AND OBJECTIVES
INTRODUCTION TO NEGOTIATION
• Explain key negotiation concepts and terms.
• Analyze the roles of communication and personality in negotiation.
• Evaluate the benefits, cost, and risks associated with negotiation.
NEGOTIATION PROCESSES AND STRATEGIES
• Describe the negotiation process.
• Compare and contrast the different negotiation strategies.
• Prepare a negotiation plan.
• Determine the stakeholders in the organizational negotiation process.
• Apply appropriate negotiation strategies to support organizational goals.
• Analyze the impact of ethics and culture in organizational negotiations.
NEGOTIATIONS AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
• Analyze conflict in organizational negotiations.
• Apply conflict management intervention strategies to resolve organizational conflict.
• Analyze the implications of globalization and technology on negotiations.
• Discuss the evolving nature of negotiation philosophies.
Point Values for Course Assignments
Communication and Personality in Negotiation Paper
Miami School District Negotiation Paper
Weeks 1 - 4
Learning Team (30%)
Case Study Analysis Part A (Power Play for Howard)
Case Study Analysis Part B and Presentation (Power Play for Howard)
Third Party Conflict Resolution Paper
Week 1 Assignments
ONLINE - ASSIGNMENTS
On Going all Week: Respond to the Discussion Questions posted by your instructor in the main forum.
Read the materials listed on for Week...